ITALIAN TRAVEL TEAM QUIZ - by Antonio Luce
1) The Roman Forum is a huge site, where you can walk among the ruins of the ancient Roman city centre. This is where the Roman Emperors made rousing speeches, where victorious armies marched home to praise and cheers, and where Romans came to pray, shop, meet and debate. What is the name of the ancient road that leads into the Forum from outside the city?
2) What great work of art stands just inside the doorway to St Peter's?
3) In which Italian museum can one find Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" as well as Michelangelo's only surviving easel painting?
Rome's Galleria Borghese
Florence's Uffizi Gallery
4) What is the name of the "residential suburb" that was destroyed in the same eruption that buried Pompeii?
5) There are several large lakes in the north of Italy, which one is also partly in Switzerland?